My life got so much better once I bought a donut pan. Seriously, homemade donuts are the best and oh-so easy! Although I do enjoy fried yeasted donuts also, I find I get sick of them quickly, especially if they’re oily (a no-no for me). You’ll never see me noshing on a Krispy Cream.. I honestly find those pretty gross. If I’m eating a fried donut, it’s DEFINITELY a bombolone, which are Italian yeasted donuts filled with vanilla or chocolate pastry cream. They’re my favorite!
Back to these baked chocolatey babies! These chocolate donuts are vegan and super fluffy. I brought them to a Christmas party last weekend and they were a hit.
If you don’t have a donut pan yet, donut worry (see what I did there)! You can easily use this batter to make mini or standard-sized cupcakes as well.
Checkout this leaning tower of donuts.. new world wonder right?
These donuts are super chocolatey, moist and fluffy! You NEED to make them asap!
Vegan Chocolate Donuts (makes 16 mini donuts or 12 standard-sized cupcakes)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut or avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, oil and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Pour donut mixture into a greased donut pan. Bake donuts for 25 minutes.
- Cool donuts before adding frosting and sprinkles. Enjoy!