This crunchy apple cabbage slaw is fresh, colourful and nutritious!
This slaw is loaded with flavour and crunch! It’s the perfect side dish to serve alongside your favorite protein at a BBQ. I love eating this crunchy slaw alongside a burger but it is also a great stand-alone salad when you simply want to eat something refreshing on a hot summer’s day!
I love the combination of cabbage and apple. Cabbage is one of my favorite vegetables ever. I especially love eating it in the form of beet sauerkraut. Fermented food is fascinating to me. I’m currently experimenting with making my own kombucha and it’s so fun to watch the scoby form. Food science is so cool!
This pretty salad requires minimal ingredients. You will need:
extra virgin olive oil
apple cider vinegar
Apple Cabbage Slaw (serves 4)
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 3 apples of choice, julienned
- 3 celery stalks, halved and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (you can also use parsley)
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Prep ingredients: Shred red cabbage, peel and julienne apples, halve and dice celery, and chop cilantro. Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, celery seed and salt to taste. Mix to incorporate. Enjoy!