Pumpkin seems to get a lot of the credit during the fall.. not today. Hello cute apple crisp stuffed apples!
One of my favorite desserts ever is apple crisp. I love apple picking in the fall and sometimes you just don’t know what to do with all those apples. Well look no further. Today we’re stuffing apples to create little apple crisp stuffed apples. It’s a 5-ingredient dessert and a real crowd-pleaser.
You can definitely use your favorite type of apple to make these stuffed apples. Just keep in mind that some apples are better suited for baking, while others might break down in the oven. Some apples that are great for baking include honey crisp, granny smith, cortland and gala.
I must admit, my favorite part of an apple crisp is hands down the crisp. I love the warm, baked apple but I live for that crispy, buttery, caramelized crisp top.
You will need:
Apple Crisp Stuffed Apples (makes 6)
- 6 apples
- 10 tbsp rolled oats
- 6 tbsp coconut sugar
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Core apples and scoop out some of the flesh so they become apple “bowls” (save apple flesh for another dessert or add it to your breakfast oatmeal).
- In a bowl, combine rolled oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon and butter. Mix with hands until a crumble mixture is formed.
- Add crumble mixture into each apple.
- Bake apples at 375F degrees for 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender. Enjoy.