I love dips – from salsa, to guacamole, to hummus and many more. Baba ganoush has always been one of my favorites and it’s fairly easy to prepare. The only time consuming step is cooking your eggplant, but with a little patience you’ll be dipping your chips into fresh baba ganoush in no time.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch of cumin
- Prick your eggplant with a fork and bake it at 375F degrees for 40-50 minutes, until it is soft and cooked throughout. Set it aside to cool.
- Once your eggplant has cooled, scoop all of the flesh out (removing most of the seeds) and place it in a food processor with the tahini, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and pinch of cumin.
- Now sit back and let the food processor work it’s magic until it becomes a smooth mixture. Taste and add more salt and pepper according to taste.
- Scoop the baba ganoush into a bowl and drizzle with a mixture of herbs and olive oil if desired.
- Serve with pita bread, pita chips or tortilla chips. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite dip? Leave me a comment letting me know.