Winner winner, chicken dinner. These baked chicken nuggets are an easy recipe to whip up for dinner and they also pack well for lunch!
Growing up, chicken nuggets were one of my favorite food items. But let’s be honest, what kid didn’t like chicken nuggets? Or mac and cheese, pizza and hot dogs?.. The list could go on. Nonetheless, making things at home from scratch is the best way to go. Making food from scratch
When it comes to chicken nuggets, dipping sauces are a must for me. My top two favourites are plum sauce and honey garlic BBQ sauce. I love pairing these baked chicken nuggets with a salad or some type of vegetable side dish.
You will need:
Baked Chicken Nuggets (serves 4)
- 1 lbs chicken breast, cut in pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free all purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 cup breadcrumbs of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Cut into nugget-sized pieces.
- Prepare 3 bowls. Place flour in the first bowl. In the second bowl, beat the eggs. In the third bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bread chicken nuggets: Coat chicken in flour, then egg, then breadcrumb mixture.
- Place chicken nuggets on a parchment paper-lined baking pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 20-25 minutes or until well done, flipping halfway. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.