Mother’s day is around the corner and it’s time to surprise the special ladies in your life!
Whether it’s your mom, grandmother, great-grandmother, or other family members, all mothers deserve extra love on mother’s day. In my opinion, it’s always the little things that are most enjoyed. You can buy fancy gifts and jewelry, but simple afternoons together are the best. Spending time together, laughing and enjoying each other’s company is priceless. A heartfelt card, a beautiful brunch spread and a day spent together is a great way to show your mom how much you love her. Mothers do everything for us – seriously I don’t know how I’d survive without my mother. They always think about others before themselves so it’s nice to show them how much we appreciate them – and not just on mother’s day.
This banana bread baked oatmeal is such a delicious addition to your brunch spread and it’s oh-so easy to make! It’s loaded with all the good stuff from oats, to bananas, to chia seeds. It’s a hearty breakfast option that truly keeps you full, even as a stand-alone breakfast.
This wholesome banana bread baked oatmeal calls for minimal ingredients! It can even be made ahead of time and then warmed up when it’s brunch time! You will need:
rolled oats or steel cut oats
& baking powder
Here are more Mother’s Day brunch ideas below. They are all easy to make and will make a show-stopping table for your loved ones!
Combine equal parts of orange juice and your favorite kombucha flavour. To serve a crowd, combine the kombucha and orange juice in a large pitcher beforehand and set on the table.
These super fluffy pancakes are a brunch MUST HAVE! The creamy ricotta and tangy lemon will make these your new favorite pancakes.
If you have some family members with intolerances to gluten or dairy, these brownie muffins are a must! Plus, serve them in tea cups for a cute elegant conversation starter.
No bake desserts. Need I say more? These snickers bites are decadent and chewy – essential for anyone who loves candy bars.
Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal (serves 6-8)
- 1 cup rolled oats or steel cut oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 chia/flax eggs
- bananas & chocolate for topping
- Make chia eggs: Combine 2 tbsp chia seeds and 6 tbsp of water in a cup to make two chia eggs (or make flax eggs). Let sit 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, oat flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk the almond milk, mashed banana and maple syrup. Add the chia egg and mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry oat mixture and mix to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a cast iron pan greased with coconut oil. Bake at 350F degrees for 30-40 minutes. Enjoy!