This banana bread brownie skillet is moist, chocolatey and ready to curb your sweet tooth in 15 minutes.
Banana bread recipes typically take up to an hour to make but this skillet is ready in a fraction of the time. You’ll need a handful of ingredients, one bowl and a little 6 or 7 inch skillet.
The winter weather here in Montreal has been way too cold lately. It has been averaging around -20 to -30 (sometimes -40 with windchill..) so all I want to do is curl up under a blanket, watch Friends and eat dessert – cue banana bread brownie skillet.
You will need:
brown rice flour
Banana Bread Brownie Skillet (serves 2)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp brown rice flour
- chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a bowl, mash the ripe banana, maple syrup, coconut oil and egg together.
- Add cacao powder, baking powder and brown rice flour and mix to incorporate.
- Pour mixture into a greased 6-7 inch cast iron pan or regular skillet.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 15 minutes. Enjoy!