You need this banana bread granola in your life!
Banana bread is one of my favorite foods ever. It should totally be a food group! This banana bread granola is ready in a third of the time compared to your standard banana bread recipe, so you can satisfy that banana bread craving even quicker. Also, can we talk about the chunks in this granola? They’re HUGE, which is just how I like my granola.
I’m excited to be collaborating with my blogger bestie Aleyda from The Dish on Healthy to bring you some homemade cereal recipes that you NEED in your life. She’s a fellow Canadian based in Toronto and she makes DELICIOUS recipes that are all kid-approved by her two adorable munchkins Gracie and Ethan! They’re the cutest! Her apple, banana and dates chunky granola is so chunky and delicious and no-bake granola bars are great on their own or crumbled onto a yogurt bowl! These will be a hit in your household!
4. Banana Bread Granola (scroll down)
All of these cereals are also great for on-the-go. Simply place them in a jar with your favorite milk, yogurt and/or toppings and you’re good to go!
Homemade granola is a staple in my house. We rarely buy the store-bought kind because it’s so easy to make and I like to control the ingredients and flavours. If you haven’t made granola before, now is the time. All you need to do is mix your oats with sugar and oil. It’s that simple. Some of my favorite flavours include strawberry coconut granola and pumpkin granola.
This banana bread granola is so easy to make! You can whip it up from start to finish in 35 minutes, including prep. As an added bonus, making fresh granola at home leaves a beautiful aroma in the kitchen. It’s natural air freshener, for free.
You will need:
brown rice syrup (or maple syrup/honey)
banana chips + chocolate chips
Banana Bread Granola
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (honey or maple syrup works too)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- mixings: 2 cups banana chips, 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a bowl, combine oats and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix brown rice syrup, coconut oil and coconut sugar.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 20-30 minutes, stirring halfway. Let cool and add banana chips and chocolate chips. Store in air-tight glass jars and enjoy!