There’s nothing like the smell of warm banana bread in the house.
Banana bread is heaven in a loaf pan! Seriously though, it’s great for breakfast, as a snack, for dessert… must I go on? I’m pretty sure I could eat banana bread all day long. Anyone want to hold me accountable to that challenge? Haha
This recipe is easy, moist and requires 9 ingredients (not counting the dash of salt). For those with intolerances, this banana bread is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan (however, you may use real eggs if you want to) and refined-sugar free! PLUS, it’s a one bowl recipe! Don’t we all love a delicious recipe with minimal cleanup?
Seriously guys this shhh** is bananas and you need it in your life right now !!
Vegan and Gluten-Free Banana Bread (makes 1 loaf)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 flax eggs, see below how to make a flax egg (you may use real eggs if you’d like)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (or use 1 cup oat flour instead)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (use a little less if your bananas are very ripe, it’s up to you)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil or line it with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a bowl, place the 3 bananas and mash with a fork until you have a smooth paste.
- To the bananas, add the flax eggs, coconut oil and almond milk and whisk to combine.
- In the same bowl, add the oat flour, gluten-free flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix.
- Mix to combine.
- Pour the banana bread mixture into the loaf pan. Bake at 350F degrees for 45-55 minutes. Enjoy!
How to make a flax egg:
- FLAX EGG = 1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water
- Combine the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes until thickened