Salads are an easy way to eat your daily greens and here’s a new combination to add to your salad rotation – beet and walnut kale salad with crumbled goat cheese!
This easy salad has so much flavour and texture!
You only need 3 add-ins to make this salad a winner:
creamy goat cheese
I’m serving this flavourful salad with a simply dressing of extra virgin olive oil and cranberry red wine vinegar but you can totally use anything you like. Simply olive oil and balsamic vinegar would be perfect here too!
Does anyone else set their dessert next to them during lunch? I love eating a little something sweet after each meal. Sometimes, my sweets get devoured first at lunch time – oops. But can you blame me? These banana bread spelt muffins are sooooo good. They’re moist and studded with chocolate chips. The perfect way to finish any meal!
Beet and Walnut Kale Salad (serves 2)
- 4 cups salad of choice (I’m using kale and romaine)
- 3-4 beets, steamed and cubed
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- desired amount of goat cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cranberry red wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- Make dressing: Combine olive oil, vinegar and salt in a jar. Seal and shake.
- In 2 bowls combine salad, beets and walnuts. Toss with desired amount of dressing and crumble goat cheese on top. Enjoy!