Dips are an essential staple in my kitchen. Some of my favourites include beet hummus, lemon hummus, baba ghanoush and sweet potato hummus. I always make at least one dip a week for snacking with vegetables, for sandwiches or simply to enjoy in any dish.
I’ve got a new dip that I am loving lately. I’ve been making it so often to enjoy especially in burrito bowls and tacos. This black bean dip is so incredibly easy to make. Like all dips, it’s ready in minutes with a little blending.
This black bean dip is similar to a refried bean spread, without the frying. Adding the caramelized onions adds an extra depth of flavour.
It’s delicious as a dip with tortillas chips or veggies and equally delectable as a spread in sandwiches, on toast, on pita bread, in burritos, in tacos, and soooo much more! My FAVORITE ways to eat this spread are in chicken burrito bowls or tostadas with easy pulled chicken.
I love adding this black bean dip to breakfast tacos with scrambled eggs, chopped tomatoes or salsa, grated cheese and parsley, all in warm corn tortillas.
You will need:
extra virgin olive oil
Black Bean Dip
- 2 cups black beans, rinsed
- 1 yellow onion, diced and sautéed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt to taste
- In a greased pan over medium heat, sauté a diced onion for 5-7 minutes or until caramelized.
- In a blender, add black beans, sautéed onion, lime juice, olive oil, cumin and salt. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!