BBQ season is coming and that means lots of juicy burgers on the grill, but they don’t have to be meat. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good meaty burger but I equally love a veggie burger!
These black bean quinoa burgers are going to give beef, lamb and turkey burgers a run for their money. They are packed with flavour and texture that even a carnivore will love them! My family also loved these veggie burgers. It truly makes me so happy when my family enjoys a veggie-packed dish that I make. To me, cooking is more than just for personal enjoyment. It’s about seeing others enjoy my food, as well as sitting around the table together and enjoying each other’ company.
Did I mention that these veggie burgers are so easy to make? Not counting the salt, they only require 6 ingredients! They are a great burger to meal-prep at the beginning of the week so you have them on hand for the week. They can be eaten in classic burger fashion, in a bun, but really any way. I love having them as is next to other side dishes, in sandwiches and on tostadas.
I looooove dressing my veggie burgers with with combinations of guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes, hummus, red onions and beet sauerkraut.
For these black bean quinoa burgers, you will need:
Black Bean Quinoa Burgers (makes 12)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 large sweet potato (to equal 1 1/2 cup mashed)
- 1 19oz can black beans
- 1-11/2 tsp sea salt (or according to your taste)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup almond flour or breadcrumbs
- Cook quinoa as directed on the package. Boil a large sweet potato, then mash.
- In a large bowl, pour in the black beans and mashed them slightly.
- Add the cooked quinoa, mashed sweet potato, sea salt, cumin, turmeric and almond flour.
- Mix to combine and form into patties.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 15-20 minutes or cook in a pan greased with oil. Enjoy! can be stored in the fridge for up to one week.