Spring is right around the corner! You may not see the light at the end of the winter tunnel, but I promise you, it’s there. And what better way to anticipate spring than with a fruity blueberry lemon chia pudding! Blueberry lemon is one of my favorite flavour combinations. It’s fresh, fruity and tangy – all that’s missing is the sunshine!
Chia pudding is one of my go-to breakfasts since it’s so quick and easy to make. With a little prep the night before, breakfast is served in a matter of minutes. I also enjoy chia pudding as a snack or dessert – it’s honestly perfect any time of day!
I got inspired to make the blueberry lemon combo by one of my favorite snack flavours: blueberry fig bars. Nature’s bakery fig bars are a perfect grab and go snack, and I love to add them to my oatmeal or chia puddings.
Nature’s Bakery has so many flavours, both stone-ground wheat and gluten-free varieties (check out all the fig bar flavours & new double chocolate brownies here). You can have a different flavour for everyday of the week – talk about delicious variety!
Blueberry Lemon Chia Pudding (serves 1)
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (I love using cashew or almond milk)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- juice of 1/4-1/2 lemon + the zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Nature’s Bakery blueberry fig bar
- In a jar, combine the milk, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, maple syrup, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Next, add the blueberries. I like to mash some a little bit to give the chia pudding natural blueberry coloring.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. When ready to eat top with a chopped Nature’s Bakery blueberry fig bar. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this fresh blueberry lemon chia pudding!
ps. If you’d like to see more recipes, check out my Nature’s Bakery ambassador page here!