I’ll jump out of bed any day for this cheesy potato omelette!
Omelette’s are with no surprise one of my favorite breakfast items. You can customize them to your liking, make them ahead and even serve them when making brunch for a crowd. Altogether, omelettes are a win! This cheesy potato omelette is one of my current obsessions and I’ve got my family hooked on it also. My little brother actually ate almost half the skillet when I made it the other day, so that’s when I know the recipe is a winner!
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover potatoes. Sometimes you find ingredients in your fridge that you don’t really know what to do with. Maybe it’s boiled potatoes, maybe it’s steamed broccoli.. there’s always a way to make something delicious out of simple ingredients. It’s important to make a conscious effort to eliminate food waste and my go-to ways to use up random ingredients are either omelettes or a good stir fry.
You will need:
your favorite cheese
Cheesy Potato Omelette (serves 4)
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 cooked potatoes (I’m using boiled potatoes)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (I love cheddar and havarti)
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Chop cooked potatoes into chunks.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of oil in a pan over medium heat and add potatoes. Fry potatoes for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and milk.
- Pour egg mixture over the potatoes and top with grated cheese.
- Place pan on broil for 6-10 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked. Enjoy!