If you know me, you know I looooooove oats. Seriously, I eat some form of oats almost every day, if not every day. Oatmeal is a great health food. It’s packed with fiber and has many benefits!
However, this is not your regular bowl of oatmeal. This triple chocolate cheesecake oatmeal is a special treat for mornings when you basically want to eat dessert for breakfast but you can also make this for dessert. I also have other variations – chocolate chip cookie cheesecake oatmeal and blueberry cheesecake oatmeal.
Although this chocolate cheesecake oatmeal is higher in sugar if you choose to make it triple chocolate, there still are ways to make health-conscious decisions. For instance, you may choose to omit the mixings and swap honey for stevia to make it sugar free, or you may choose to use the honey but omit the extra mixings (chocolate chips and brownies). Either way, you’re the one who’s always in control of modifying a recipe according to your lifestyle. Remember, life is meant for living! Don’t restrict yourself from indulgences. Eating healthy is good for your body but indulging is good for your mind and soul! It’s all about moderation.
Back to the star of the show – chocolate cheesecake oatmeal! It’s luscious, decadent and oh-so creamy.
Chocolate Cheesecake Oatmeal (serves 1)
– 1/2 cups oats
– 1 cup almond milk
– 1 tbsp cacao powder
– 2 tbsp cream cheese (vegan option: dairy-free cream cheese)
– 1-2 tbsp honey (vegan option: maple syrup)
– chocolate chips
– 1 Nature’s Bakery brownie
1. Place oats, almond milk, cacao powder and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 8-12 minutes.
2. Add cream cheese and mix until melted into the oats.
3. Stir in chocolate chips and chopped brownies. Enjoy!