It’s sweet. It’s crunchy. It’s a great topping on so many breakfast foods. IT’S GRANOLA!
Let’s be honest here, is there a limit to how much granola one can eat? I think not. It’s way to addictive.
Since granola can be quite high in sugar – especially the store-bought varieties – I love to make my own and not only control the amount of sugar but the type.
Chocolate Chia Granola
- 3 cups oat
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- In a bowl combine the oats, chia seeds, cacao powder and salt. Mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut oil and honey. Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly for 1-2 minutes until all the oats are well coated.
- Bake at 350F degrees on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 15 minutes. Mix the granola and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Cool granola completely (it gets more clustery that way) and store in air tight jars. You may store the granola in a mason jar for up to 1 month. Enjoy on yogurt, smoothie bowls or simply with milk.