Merry Christmas Eve friends!
Celebrating with warm festive chocolate peppermint oatmeal!
- 1/2 cups organic quick oats
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Manitoba Harvest’s Hemp Pro 70 chocolate protein powder
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (I use Silk)
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Toppings: crushed candy cane, coconut chips, chocolate chips
- In a small pot on medium heat, combine the almond milk, mashed banana and peppermint extract.
- Add in the cacao powder, chocolate protein powder and oats. Mix well to combine.
- Bring to a low simmer until you have reached your desired thickness. Add in more almond milk to make the oatmeal more runny if desired.
- Remove from heat and serve with maple syrup and crushed candy canes. Add in other toppings if desired like coconut chips and chocolate chips.
Enjoy your day with family and loved ones!