‘Tis the season to be jolly and eat lots of delicious desserts! I’m excited to be sharing my cranberry orange walnut loaf today because it’s an easy loaf to whip up anytime.
Another day, another loaf! This cranberry orange walnut loaf is perfect for dessert, breakfast or as a snack.
With cranberries being in season during fall and winter, this cranberry orange bread is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas, but let’s be honest, do we really need a holiday as an excuse to make a delicious loaf?
This bread is so moist and flavorful and I ain’t loafing around here (I’m so punny haha… okay maybe not always).
Cranberry Orange Walnut Bread (makes 1 loaf)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (NOTE: If gluten-free, substitute the whole wheat flour for 1 cup oat flour + 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (if using frozen cranberries, thaw them out 30 minutes before)
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped walnuts (NOTE: For nut allergies, omit walnuts or substitute with sunflower seeds)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, orange zest, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the orange juice, eggs and melted coconut oil. Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently mix until everything is well incorporated. Fold in the cranberries and chopped walnuts.
- Place bread mixture in a loaf pan lined with parchment paper to greased with oil. Bake for 45-55 minutes. It’s ready when a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
Go on grab a slice!