Colourful, crunchy, plus a creamy dressing. That’s just how I like my salads!
This crunchy thai salad is a flavour bomb in your mouth!
I’m all about bright, filling salads for the spring and summer – especially when it feels like 50 degrees outside. Who even wants to turn their oven on? I’ve been obsessed with my lentil, millet and arugula salad (my family loves it too) so I’m excited to be adding another colourful salad recipe to my repertoire. I love any salad that incorporates lots of vegetables. First of all, they’re SO refreshing! Second, this salad isn’t just flavour-packed but also nutrient-dense. You’re getting loads of plant-based goodness per bite.
This salad is served with a SUPER creamy peanut butter dressing. No joke, I could bathe in this sauce and eat it every day. It adds such a creamy component to the dish. I love peanut butter so much it’s unreal. If you prefer, feel free to sub the peanut butter with almond butter. Also, for those with nut allergies, sunflower seed butter would work great too!
You will need:
red bell pepper
brown rice noodles
& peanut butter sauce
Get your cutting board and knife ready for some delicious salad action!
Crunchy Thai Salad
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cups red cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 carrots
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 cups brown rice noodles, cooked
- peanuts for topping (optional)
- 8 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup water
- Make peanut butter sauce: In a bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, coconut sugar, lime juice and water. Whisk.
- Cook noodles: Cook brown rice noodles according to directions on the package.
- Prep salad: Chop romaine, kale and red cabbage. Julienne red pepper. Shred or grate carrots. Roughly chop cilantro.
- Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add cooked noodles (cut noodles if too long). Top with chopped scallions. Add peanut butter sauce and toss. Enjoy!