Warm, doughy and satisfying… those are the words used to describe this easy bread pudding.
Bread pudding is essentially a pudding-like casserole dessert made with, you guessed it, bread. However, this basic dessert is nothing short of amazing. It’s doughy, rich from the eggs and has a wonderful hint of sweetness from your choice of added sugar.
I decided to use a classic French miche bread for this bread pudding but you can really use any bread you like. Some of my other favourites include challah and pannettone.
This recipe calls for a handful of ingredients and it can be whipped up in no time when you’re entertaining for the holidays.
Easy Bread Pudding (serves 6-8)
- 6 cups bread of choice, cubed (I use a classic French miche)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp melted butter (browned butter is amazing also)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cube bread of choice and place in a 10.5 X 7.5 baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and melted butter. Pour mixture over bread and push bread down to soak.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 40 minutes. Enjoy!