Pulled chicken is one of my favorite ways to eat chicken!
This pulled chicken recipe is so easy to make – no crockpot required! It’s ready in 20 minutes and the result is super moist and tender pulled chicken. Pulled chicken is so incredibly versatile. You can add it to tacos, burrito bowls, tostadas, salads, nachos and really anything else you love!
This pulled chicken requires no crockpot or bake time in the oven. In fact, it’s poached. It’s just as easy as poaching an egg. It simply requires a longer cooking time.
Once you make chicken this way, you will become addicted! I make this about once a week because firstly, it’s delicious and secondly, if I prepare it Sunday I have it to enjoy in dishes throughout the week. It’s a great way to meal prep chicken for the week. Feel free to double the recipe pending on the amount of people you’re serving.
My little brother and I are hooked on burrito bowls. My favorite burrito bowl ingredients are cumin-spiced brown rice, fresh guacamole, full-fat plain yogurt, diced tomatoes or salsa, black bean dip, organic corn tortillas chips and of course, pulled chicken. If I want to keep it vegetarian for a meal, I love switching it up by adding tempeh “meat” or beans and legumes.
This pulled chicken requires minimal ingredients. You will need:
apple cider vinegar
Easy Stovetop Pulled Chicken (makes 5 servings)
- 5 chicken breasts
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp grainy dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- In a large pot, add the water, apple cider vinegar, cayenne, coconut sugar, dijon mustard, garlic. Mix to combine ingredients and add chicken breasts to the pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Pro tip: Use a meat thermometer to monitor the chicken’s cooking temperature.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove from water and place on a cutting board. With two forks, begin to pull the chicken.
- Enjoy as is or coat with honey garlic BBQ sauce. Store in an air-tight glass container for up to 4 days. Enjoy!