This easy stuffing is a perfect vegetarian side dish for the holidays and features Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Butter and Garlic Flavours.
It all starts off in a Staub cast iron cocotte. Cast iron pots are great since they ensure that all your ingredients are heated uniformly during cooking. This stuffing begins by melting the Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Butter and Garlic Flavours and then adding the mirepoix to cook for a few minutes. Mirepoix is a combination of diced onion, carrot and celery and this trio is the foundation of many classic French dishes.
Nutiva’s certified USDA organic and non-GMO Coconut Oil with Butter and Garlic Flavours is an all-purpose cooking oil. It’s so versatile and can be used in pastas, to spread, to bake with, to saute with, and so much more. Not only does it add wonderful aroma and flavour to this stuffing, it’s also completely dairy-free so it accommodates all dietary restrictions and allergies. You can find this Nutiva coconut oil at your local Walmart. Plus, it can be heated up to 400F degrees.
You will need:
spices & seasoning
Easy Vegan Stuffing (serves 10-12)
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut oil with Butter and Garlic Flavours
- 16 cups of bread, cubed (use gluten-free bread if needed)
- 2 cups vegetable stock (can sub chicken stock if not making it vegetarian)
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 1/2 cups celery, diced
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large saucepan, melt coconut oil. Add diced onion, carrot and celery and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix.
- Add cubed bread and stock. Mix to combine.
- Transfer to a large baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and baked another 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Thank you Nutiva for sponsoring this post! I feel so blessed to work with brands I love and that support me. All opinions are always my own.