Ain’t no party like a pizza party!
Let’s talk about pizza, probably the greatest food ever created. I’m pretty sure the first pizza was shipped straight from heaven in a gold box. I’m not exaggerating right? Pizza makes you feel some type of way -the ultimate comfort food! They’re perfect no matter what shape or size they come in!
This here is not your ordinary pizza, I call it The Sarah Pizza because it is my ULTIMATE FAVORITE PIZZA EVER. Yes, I said it, my favorite! What’s on this pizza you ask? There are figs (my favorite summer fruit), ricotta (my favorite Italian cheese), prosciutto (my favorite Italian cold cut), honey (my second favorite sweetener after maple syrup haha) and rosemary (it’s in my top 3 favorite herbs). How many times did I just say favorite? I wasn’t kidding when I said this is a pizza I might as well name after myself.
This recipe is rather simple. You just need to knead – stellar arm workout – wait for it to rise and then cook it “naked” before adding all the delicious toppings. I like to make my own pizza dough and that is the recipe I’m sharing today but if you’d like to cheat a little and have this pizza ready in 1/3 of the time, feel free to buy a fresh pizza dough at your local bakery. Although I love making my own dough, when I’m pressed for time, bakery dough is a life saver!
Fig, Prosciutto and Ricotta Pizza:
- 2 1/2 tsp dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4-5 slices of prosciutto
- 5-6 figs, sliced
- 1 tbsp. honey (I’m using manuka honey)
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. In a bowl, dissolve the yeast into the warm water and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Once dissolved, add in the flour, olive oil and salt. Mix until combined then knead dough on a floured surface until smooth. Let dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Form dough into your desired shaped on a greased pizza pan (or lined with parchment paper). Drizzle pizza with olive oil and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Once golden, spread ricotta all over pizza. Next, top with prosciutto slices and then sliced figs. Drizzle honey all over the pizza and finish with rosemary. Enjoy!
If you recreate this pizza I’d love to see it so tag me on Instagram @TheNutritiousPrincess!