Hello, my name is Sarah and I’m an Italian girl who loves biscotti.
Were you really surprised by that statement? I mean, you know I love my sweets.
I have been soooooo excited to share this biscotti recipe on the blog! My family has been loving them so they are definitely Italian-approved! So nutty and crunchy. They’re also quite hearty for a cookie if that makes sense. I know “hearty” isn’t typically used to describe sweets but these biscotti are made with oat flour which is loaded with fiber. When I say “hearty” I mean that they are wholesome and filling. One biscotti will satisfy your sweet tooth anytime of day.
When I posted a sneak peek of these on Instagram, everyone went gaga over them so I knew I had to post the recipe ASAP for all my salivating Insta-friends.
These are seriously the best tasting healthy biscotti you’re ever going to meet!
These flourless biscotti are:
In Italian, biscotti means twice baked.Yes, the bake time might seem long but trust me, these crunchy beauties are worth it!
Biscotti get crispier when the amount of dry ingredients is much higher than the fat content. Although, you might be tempted to add more wet ingredients, don’t. That will make the biscotti less crunchy.
Flourless Biscotti (makes 12 biscotti)
- 2 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (or almonds)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
- 3 eggs (no substitutions)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp almond extract (vanilla extract works great also)
- optional: chocolate melted (for dipping)
- optional: chopped nuts, shredded coconut, chopped seeds (for coating)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a bowl, combine oat flour, chopped almonds, coconut sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, avocado oil and almond extract.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until incorporate. Using your hands works great.
- Form into a log and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Slice into 3/4 inch slices with a serrated knife.
- Place biscotti back on baking sheet cut side down. Bake for 10-15 minutes on one side. Flip and bake another 10-15 minutes on the other side.
- Cool completely. Dip in melted chocolate and coat with toppings (optional).
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for longer. Enjoy!