Say hello to dessert for breakfast!
These granola tarts are a perfect breakfast, snack or dessert and customizable depending your preferences. You can fill these tarts with yogurt or a thick smoothie as a great breakfast option, but you can also transform these granola tarts into a decadent dessert. Feel free to fill them with whipped cream, custard or even pastry cream (my personal favorite). A chocolatey avocado mouse would be absolutely amazing also. simply blend avocados, cocoa powder and maple syrup in your food processor and boom, instant easy pudding!
They’re so cute made in these mini tart pans but they can definitely also be made in a muffin tin. I’ve been enjoying these with plain yogurt and fruit the most, but not just any plain yogurt. I use 6% plain yogurt or even skyr yogurt, which is so thick, creamy and delicious. Seriously, you need to try higher fat yogurt because the thickness is unreal, you’ll think you’re eating cream.
You can of course use any nut butter of your choosing but Sunbutter is a great option for any peanut allergies. It is so incredibly creamy and even makes a great topping!
You will need:
SunButter or nut butter
Granola Tarts (makes 2 tarts or 4 cups in a muffin tin)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp SunButter or nut butter of choice
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In a bowl, combine melted coconut oil, Sunbutter or nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add rolled oats and mix to combine.
- Press into greased mini tart pans. Bake at 350F degrees for 12-15 minutes. Let cool
- Top with yogurt, pastry cream or chocolate pudding and desired toppings. Enjoy!