If you don’t know this about me, I LOVE chia seeds, particularly Salba Chia chia seeds! Chia seeds are a great, plant-based way to pack in protein, omega-3s and fiber, along with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants!
Today I took over Salba Chia’s Instagram feed (@Salbachia) and I posted chia recipes all day long. I thought I’d share the recipes here as a chia recipe roundup to make it easier for you to look back on them anytime you’d like to make them!
- Coconut Overnight Chia Pudding (serves 1)
- 3/4 cup cashew milk
- 3 tbsp SalbaChia chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut butter (I love Essentially Coconut)
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp manuka honey (I love Wedderspoon)
- topping: 1 mango Nature’s Bakery fig bar
Directions: Place all ingredients in a jar and shake – it’s that easy! Refrigerate overnight and you have breakfast ready for tomorrow. Top with a mango fig bar to keep the tropical theme! Enjoy!
2. Tuna Salad Crostini (serves 1)
- 1 can tuna, in water (drained)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil mayo
- 1/4 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- pink salt & pepper to taste
- bread or crackers of choice (I’m using Italian baguette that I grilled in a pan)
Directions: In a bowl, combine the tuna, avocado oil mayo, chopped tomato, chopped avocado and salt & pepper to taste. Mix to combine. Top on grilled bread and sprinkle generously with chia seeds for added crunch! Enjoy!
3. Chocolate Pecan Chia Cookies (makes 4 small cookies or 2 big cookies)
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp pecan butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- sprinkle of sea salt
Directions: In a bowl, combine the oat flour, chia seeds, cacao powder and sea salt. Mix well! In a separate bowl, briefly mix the pecan butter and honey. Add the pecan butter/honey mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until it becomes a thick cookie batter. Form 2 cookies. Enjoy them right away or refrigerate until ready to eat!
4. Veggie Stir Fry side dish
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 6 baby bok choy
- 2-3 tbsp Bragg soy seasoning
- 1 tbsp honey
- a pinch of cayenne
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in a wok and saucy until tender to your liking – it’s that easy! Top with chia seeds and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this day packed with chia seeds! Go buy some Salbachia and get creating!
All you need is love… and a sunset… AND CHIA SEEDS!