90s babies, you need this healthified dunkaroos dip in your life!
As a child, I loved seeing commercials of all the cool 90s snacks. However, my mom rarely bought them and she always gave me a speech about how they’re loaded with junk – which I now thank her for! On those rare occasions where I convinced her to buy them, I was the happiest kid in the grocery store.
Another one of my favorite 90s snacks were the vanilla yogurt cups with the chocolate crisps that you would pour into the yogurt. That would be my treat during long grocery store runs – cue hyper 7-year old Sarah 30 minutes later.
This healthified dunkaroos dip brings me back to my childhood. It’s soooo creamy and the base is actually canned coconut milk which makes for a wonderfully smooth texture. Of course you can add funfetti cake mix to this dip but I went the simpler route with vanilla and butter extract. Butter extract totally gives it that birthday cake taste that I love!
If you’d like to give this dunkaroos dip a cheesecake spin, you can also sub the canned coconut milk for 1 cup of cream cheese. As for the crackers to dip, I personally love Annie’s bunny crackers – I’m low-key addicted to them! Be careful not to overmix when you add the sprinkles since the colours will bleed out into the dip, as they did for me.
You will need:
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 4-5 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter extract (optional)
- your favorite crackers (I’m using Annie’s cocoa & vanilla bunny crackers but graham crackers work great too)
- Refrigerate two cans of coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- The next day: Scoop coconut milk solids in a bowl. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and butter extract, and beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Fold in sprinkles and enjoy with your favorite crackers. Dunkaroos dip can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.