Due to popular demand on Instagram, I’ll be sharing my kale, quinoa & cannellini bean salad today! I got an overwhelming positive response on this picture (over 8000 likes, WHOA) and even had people messaging me, wanting the recipe. Clearly, I just had to share it on the blog because I know you will love it! It’s so light and fresh, perfect for lunch, dinner or as a side salad.
I love salad! They are so incredibly versatile and a great way to pack in all the veggies (and some fruits) into your daily lifestyle. I’ve been particularly loving the addition of quinoa in my salads. Quinoa is a complete protein, making this salad very filling, not to mention the protein from the cannellini beans.
I threw this salad combination together quickly one after when I was using up leftovers in the fridge. Cannellini beans were what I had on had but feel free to sub them with chickpeas (my favorite legume), black beans, lentils, or whatever been you love!
Kale, Quinoa and Cannellini Bean Salad
- 4 cups kale, washed and chopped
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 1/2 red bell peppers chopped
- 2 radishes, cut in half and sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for massaging the kale)
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Massage the kale: Place all of the washed and chopped kale into a bowl. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and massage it for about 4-6 minutes (massaging the kale will make it more tender, remove the bitterness and aid digestion).
- Add the cooked quinoa, cannellini beans, chopped red bell peppers and sliced radishes to the bowl of kale.
- Make the salad dressing: In a jar, combine the extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, maple syrup and, salt and pepper. Seal the jar and shake well to emulsify.
- Dress the salad with the salad dressing and enjoy! Can be stored in the fridge for 5 days.