I’m so in love with matcha lattes! Especially since I don’t like coffee, hot chocolate and tea have always been my jam. I love matcha lattes so much that I crave them.
I must say though, I’m no expert at making matcha lattes. One of my best friends owns a tea shop and the lattes she makes are THE best!
Today I’m incorporating matcha into waffles, because who doesn’t want to eat cool green waffles for breakfast? Step aside green eggs and ham, we’ve got green waffles and … hmm not to sure what to pair with these green babies just yet. Either way, these waffles are a fun way to use matcha.
I’ve been topping my matcha waffles with pure maple syrup and shredded coconut. These toppings add a nice sweetness to balance out the earthiness of the matcha.
I love meal prepping waffles on Sunday and having them on hand for the whole week. If you want more waffle recipes to add to the mix try these:
Matcha Waffles (makes 9 waffles)
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder + 1/8 cup water
- maple syrup or honey for serving
* NOTE: Oat flour can be made by blending oats in the blender
- Dissolve 1/2 tsp of matcha powder in 1/8 cup hot water.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.Cook waffles in a greased waffle iron. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for longer. Toast before eating.