Lately I’ve been eating cupcakes for lunch and dinner… MEATLOAF cupcakes!
These meat “cupcakes” feel like you’re eating dessert for dinner but in savoury form, and don’t think I skimped out on frosting. These meatloaf cupcakes are frosted with SWEET POTATO frosting, which is optional but makes them so flipping adorable! I’m a sucker for cute presentation and these cupcakes knock cuteness out of the ballpark.
I’ve been enjoying these cupcakes with beet sauerkraut on the side or a simple side salad. They are packed with protein so they’re great after a workout but really, any meal of the day. I’m currently eating two of these meatloaf cupcakes with some avocado and sauerkraut on the side after my run. I think I’ll be able to start running outside with the temperature dropping this week here in Montreal – indoor runs have been getting so boring. If only my gym had wifi so I could binge watch Netflix on the treadmill..
Did I mention that these little meatloaves are super easy to make? All you need is 1 bowl. Combine the meat, eggs, onions, peppers, breadcrumbs and spices and get your hands in there!
These are made with sweet pepper Miscela – one of my favorite Miscela varieties. It adds such a nice sweetness to this savoury dish. If you don’t know, Miscela means “mixture” in Italian and their products are a combination of vegetables, fruits, herbs and spices. No need to chop up some bell peppers, just spoon some sweet pepper Miscela in any one of your favorite recipes and boom, insta flavour boost!
These meatloaf cupcakes also make super duper cute appetizers! I used a standard-sized muffin pan but you can totally swap it for a mini muffin pan, which will yield double the meatloaf!
Meatloaf Cupcakes (makes 10)
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 tbsp sweet pepper Miscela
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (gluten-free option: gluten-free breadcrumbs or almond meal)
sweet potato frosting:
- 2 cups sweet potato, mashed
- 3-4 tbsp melted butter (or coconut oil)
- salt to taste
- parsley to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with your hands to incorporate.
- Scoop meat mixture into a standard muffin pan, greased with a little avocado oil.
- Bake at 375F degrees for 20 minutes.
- Make sweet potato frosting: Combine 2 cups mashed sweet potato with butter and salt. Scoop into a piping bag or plastic bag and pipe frosting onto meatloaf cupcakes.
- Enjoy or refrigerate for later. Meat is always best eaten fresh but they can be stored for 4-5 days in a glass air-tight container.
Thank you Miscela for sponsoring this post! I feel so blessed to work with brands I love and that support me. All opinions are always my own.