Are you ready for the easiest, chewiest, no-bake granola bar?
You’re rushing out the door and want a snack? Look no further than these no-bake chocolate granola bars! They’re a great grab-and-go snack or dessert. Meal prep these easy bars on the weekend, and you’ve got them on stock for the whole week.
These bars are so quick and easy to make and require ingredients you likely already have in your pantry. They’re chewy, chocolatey and oh-so delicious!
A lot of granola bars in the supermarket are loaded with refined sugars. These bars are made with honey and you may use maple syrup instead if you want- both natural, un-refined sugars. For those with allergies, you may also substitute the peanut butter for a nut-free butter such as sunflower seed butter.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars (makes 12 bars)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free option: use dairy-free chocolate like Enjoy Life)
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1-2 oz coconut chips, crushed (I used 1 1.4 oz pack of Hungry Buddha coconut chips)
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- a pinch of sea salt
- In a double boiler over medium heat, heat the peanut butter, honey and chocolate chips until melted.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, chopped almonds, coconut chips, chia seeds and sea salt.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well to coat everything.
- Press the granola bar mixture into a 9-inch square baking pan lined with parchment paper. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Enjoy and keep stored in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for longer.