There are 10 days until Christmas! AHHH!!!
Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet? I’ve finished almost all of mine. I’m just missing one of my brothers because he’s so picky with what he likes
It’s December and that means all things peppermint, gingerbread and eggnog! Christmas is my favourite holiday and I especially love all the Christmas-y desserts and decor. I love seeing houses lit with pretty lights, especially considering that it gets dark by 4pm now.
These gingerbread granola bars are super festive and a crowd pleaser! Set them on the dessert table and watch them disappear!
For those with allergies, feel free to substitute the nut butter for sunflower seeds butter and the almonds for sunflower seeds.
No-Bake Gingerbread Bars (makes 10 bars)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp gingerbread spice
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (nut free option: 1/2 cup chopped sunflower seeds)
- 1 oz coconut chips, crushed (or shredded coconut)
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- a pinch of sea salt
- toppings (optional): melted chocolate to drizzle, sprinkles
- In a bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey and melted chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, chopped almonds, coconut chips, chia seeds, gingerbread spice and sea salt.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well to coat everything.
- Press the granola bar mixture into a small square pan lined with parchment paper. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting. Enjoy and keep stored in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for longer.