Say hello to this no-bake lemon cheesecake aka a slice of sunshine!
Summer is right around the corner and this bright dessert is getting me so excited for long days of unlimited sunshine! This no bake lemon cheesecake is fruity, tangy and oh-so creamy! Can you guess where this cheesecake gets it’s golden yellow color? Turmeric! Turmeric is one of my favorite roots and it’s made quite evident when I’m out and about at the grocery store with yellow-stained nails and fingers (lol). Nonetheless, I’ll take the yellowness any day because I love the benefits of turmeric. I love having golden milk lattes often during the week for the anti-inflammatory benefits. As a runner, I need all the anti-inflammatory foods I can get and turmeric is my go-to.
This no-bake lemon cheesecake is perfect for those with an intolerance. It’s dairy, gluten and refined sugar-free since it’s sweetened with maple syrup. No joke, maple syrup is my favorite sweetener ever. I live in Canada so you better believe that we’re swimming in maple syrup over here. Well, not literally, but how cool would that be? Does anyone remember that Nesquick commercial from ages ago where the Nesquick bunny jumps into a pool of chocolate? That was my childhood dream but to be honest, I wouldn’t mind swimming in maple syrup too. If you haven’t caught on by now I’m a major dessert-a-holic!
I love serving this lemon cheesecake with blueberry compote. The blueberries compliment the lemon beautifully but you can totally substitute your favorite compote or jam flavour.
Did I mention that this no-bake lemon cheesecake is incredibly easy to make and calls for minimal ingredients? You will need:
lemon & orange zest
dates and almonds (crust)
I’m so excited to be collaborating with some of my favorite blogger babes to bring you lots of spring-summer baking inspiration! Their desserts are incredible – get ready to drool!
3-ingredient Strawberry Mousse by Nourish Me Mum
Blueberry Banana Bread by The Dish on Healthy
Strawberries & Cream Cheesecake Bars by So Much Yum
Now let’s make some no-bake lemon cheesecake! Get your blenders ready!
No-bake lemon cheesecake (makes 10-12 servings)
- 1 can coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup dates
- 1 1/2 cup almonds
Blueberry compote (optional):
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Make crust: Pulse almonds in a food processor or high-speed blender until crushed. Set aside. Add dates to the food processor and blend until a paste forms. Re-add the crushed almond and blend until an almond-date batter forms. Press almond-date batter into an 8-inch pie dish.
- Make blueberry compote (optional): Combine blueberries, maple syrup and lemon juice in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Make cheesecake filling: Soak cashews for 30 minutes to 3 hours in warm water. Discard water. In a food processor or high-speed blender, add cashews and blend until smooth.
- Add coconut cream (refrigerated overnight), lemon juice, lemon zest, orange zest, turmeric and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Assemble cheesecake: Pour lemon cheesecake filling over the crust. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Top with your favorite compote or jam (optional). Enjoy!