Pancakes are one of my FAVORITE breakfast foods but so is oatmeal, so today I’m merging my two faves into one with these oatmeal pancakes! They are fluffy and moist!
Did I mention that they are also so versatile? Make them with chocolate chips or blueberries or even s’mores ingredients, just to name a few of the variations I’ve been loving. The world really is your oyster with these pancakes.
One of my favorite pancake toppings that I have been eating one repeat is caramelized bananas. Simply cut a banana in half and slice both pieces lengthwise. Then, caramelize it in a pan with some butter and sugar. Voila! The caramelized bananas over these oatmeal pancakes tastes like warm banana bread!
These oatmeal pancakes are so easy to make, you only need 6 ingredients:
Oatmeal Pancakes (makes 8-10)
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour (make your own by blending steel-cut oats in a blender)
- 2-3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs, separated into yolks and whites
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until peeks form. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the almond milk and egg yolks together. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Pro tip: To get fluffy pancakes, don’t over-mix your batter.
- Fold in the egg whites until incorporated.
- Cook pancakes on a greased griddle or cast-iron pan. Enjoy with maple syrup or your favorite toppings. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for longer.