I love sweet breakfasts but I’m also a HUGE fan of savoury! Honestly, most days I’m a savoury kind of gal. From eggs to hash to tacos – savoury breakfast food holds a special place in my heart!
This parmesan french toast takes a sweet breakfast food and brings it to the next level. But really, is there anything that freshly grated parmegiano doesn’t make better? I say no!
Parmegiano French Toast (serves 2)
- 6 slices of baguette bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 freshly grated parmegiano cheese + extra for topping
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp capers
- juice of 1/4 lemon
- pinch of chili flakes
- pink himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk and fresh parmegiano cheese. Whisk well and soak the baguette slices in the mixture for 20 minutes.
- On a pan greased with a little butter, cook the french toast until golden on both sides.
- While the french toast is cooking, prepare the capers guacamole. In a bowl, combine one avocado, 1 tbsp of chopped capers, lemon juice, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Mash up and serve with the french toast. Enjoy!