World, meet my new favorite fruit dessert – pear crisp!
Apple crisps and pies have been a favorite of mine since as long as I could remember. If I’m picking favourites, I have to admit, crisps are my go-to. I absolutely love that buttery, sugary, oat crumble topping. Add a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream and I’m in dessert heaven.
It’s no surprise that I have a sweet tooth but I used to always gravitate towards all things chocolate, until this past year. Don’t get me wrong, chocolate still holds a VERY large place in my heart. Some days I just need an ooey gooey chocolate soufflé or chewy brownie.. However, this year I started classifying myself more as a dessert enthusiast than a chocoholic. I love all dessert. Fruit crisps are one at the top of my list.
This pear crisp is so easy to make; it only requires 6 ingredients.
You will need:
Pear Crisp (6 to 7 inch skillet or baking dish)
larger serving option: double the recipe and use a 9-10inch casserole dish
- 2 cups chopped pears
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Chop pears and place in a skillet or oven-safe baking dish.
- In a pot, combine rolled oats, flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon and butter. Mix with hands until a crumble texture is reached.
- Top pears with crumble mixture.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 35-40 minutes or until pears are tender. Enjoy with vanilla ice cream.