Say aloha to pineapple chicken kabobs!
I love having BBQs with friends and family in the summertime. The summers here in Montreal are quite short if you ask me, so I love to soak up every moment of hot weather. Give me kabobs, a glass of iced rosé and good company, and it’s a perfect summer evening.
These pineapple chicken kabobs are a tropical summer dish to serve at a BBQ! Feel free to skewer on more vegetables to make these kabobs even more colourful. I love the flavour combination between the sweetness of the pineapple with the strong red onions.
Serve this tropical kabob with a refreshing garden salad and/or some rice. Find some of my favorite summer side dishes here.
You will need:
pineapple + pineapple juice
salt + pepper
Pineapple Chicken Kabobs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 red onion, sliced thick
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes. Chop pineapple and red onion into chunks.
- Marinade: Making marinade by combining pineapple juice, soy sauce and hot sauce in a shallow bowl or bag. Place cubed chicken in the marinade and let sit for 30-60 minutes.
- Skewer chicken, pineapple chunks and red onion onto skewers. Season with salt and pepper. If using wooden skewers, soak skewers in water for 5 minutes beforehand.
- Grill on the barbecue or roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked. Enjoy!