Crunchy. Chewy. Hearty. Healthy. These are the qualities I look for in a granola bar.
Today, I’m also incorporating protein powder in granola bars so they’ll make a great post-workout snack. It’s so important to have quick, grab and go protein-packed snacks ready for after a workout, an on-the-go breakfast or really just a snack for anytime of the day.
If you haven’t noticed, I’m oat-sessed with all things oats – see what I did there!
I posted these chocolate peanut butter granola bars (see picture below) a few weeks ago and I am obsessed with them. I loved them so much that I needed to make another variation to add to the mix. You can get the recipe here.
Let me just say, these protein granola bars passed the family test. The batch was gone by the next day. I think I need a secret hiding place to hide my stash of goods. Perhaps a mini fridge in my room would do; hidden in my closet of course. Now that I think of it, I want a mini fridge haha.
Look at that shiny chocolate drizzle.
Protein Granola Bars (makes 10-12 bars)
- 2 cups oats
- 4 scoops protein powder equaling 40g (I’m using Collagen Peptides)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (or your favourite nuts)
- 1/4 cup pepitas and goji berries mixed
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- In a bowl, combine the oats, protein powder, almonds, pepitas, goji berries, chia seeds, cinnamon and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the peanut butter and honey and briefly heat using the double boiler method.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well to coat.
- Press the granola bar mixture into a 9-inch square baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350F for 10 mins. Let cool completely then slice into bars. Enjoy!