It’s October! Have you hopped on board of the pumpkin train yet? Let me tell you, it’s a delicious train!
I am obsessed with my banana bread so much that I wanted to create another bread with fall flare – thus the pumpkin bread was born.
I seriously love baking quick breads like this because it instantly makes your house smell like a bakery. I just wish I could bottle up the smell and turn it into a perfume – who’s with me?
For those with intolerances, my pumpkin bread is dairy-free and gluten-free, with a vegan option depending the eggs you use.
I also have other fall-inspired pumpkin recipes on my blog like:
- pumpkin tomato sauce
- pumpkin tomato shakshuka
- pumpkin caramel protein oatmeal
- pumpkin spice chocolate chia pudding
- pumpkin quinoa pancakes
Healthy Pumpkin Bread (makes 1 loaf)
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (I love the brand Cannelle)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice (see easy recipe below)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs (flax eggs or chicken eggs)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Pumpkin Spice recipe:
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp cloves
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease a loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp of flaxseed meal and 3 tbsp of water to make a flax egg. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. If using chicken eggs, skip this step and add eggs in step 3.
- In a large bowl combine the oat flour, gluten-free flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, flax eggs (or chicken eggs), coconut oil and almond milk. Whisk to incorporate.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the pumpkin bread mixture into the loaf pan. Top with oats, chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds. Bake at 350F degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 20-30 minutes and enjoy!