It’s crunchy, spiced and like a cozy fall day in your mouth. It’s pumpkin granola!
Granola is one of my favourite breakfast foods of all time! Whether I’m sprinkling it over a smoothie bowl, in a yogurt parfait or straight up simply with milk – it’s the best! However, store-bought granola can be very dangerous because one minute you’re nibbling on a few clusters and the next thing you know, you’ve reached the bottom of the box. For this reason, I much prefer to make my own granola at home (but really what don’t I prefer making myself haha).
I personally like to be in control of the type of sugar and oil used in my granola so 99% of the time, I make it myself. Maple syrup or honey are my go-to sweeteners in granola. I also love to play around with the flavours by adding different extracts depending on the season.
This granola also makes a great seasonal gift if you’re going to visit a loved one. Who doesn’t love a gift made with love? Put the granola in a jar with a cute ribbon and you’re set!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin spice (get my pumpkin spice recipe here)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, pumpkin spice and salt. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, pumpkin puree and maple syrup. Whisk to incorporate.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry oat mixture and mix thoroughly, until everything is well coated.
- Spread granola mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350F degrees for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, mix granola and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Let cool completely before adding the pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and chocolate chips. Store in airtight glass jars. Enjoy!
Do you want more fall-themed treat? Find my healthy pumpkin bread here.