It’s Shakshuka Saturday!
Shakshuka is one of my favourite breakfast or lunch meals. It’s so quick, easy and versatile. Tomato sauce, eggs and bread – boom, shakshuka is served! My tomato and pesto swirl shakshuka is one of the first recipes I posted on my blog and my go-to!
Today I’ve updated my shakshuka recipe to give it a fall twist – pumpkin tomato sauce shakshuka! I adore making pumpkin tomato sauce in the fall and enjoy it with brown rice pasta or polenta. You can get my pumpkin tomato sauce recipe here.
Grilled bread is essential with shakshuka in my opinion. Drizzle olive oil in a grill pan and let the grilling begin. I like grilling fresh Italian baguette best!
Pumpkin Tomato Shakshuka (serves 1)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin tomato sauce (recipe here)
- 2 eggs
- salt, pepper and chill flakes to taste
- parsley to garnish
- grilled bread with Maille tarragon mustard
- Place pumpkin tomato sauce in a pan on medium heat. Crack the eggs in the sauce and cook with the lid on for 3-6 minutes.
- Once the eggs have reached your cooked preference, season with salt, pepper and chill flakes. Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with grilled bread. Enjoy!