It’s peanut butter noodles time, with colourful veg for added nutrients!
This soba noodle salad is packed with loads of flavour and crunchy, and don’t get me started on the peanut sauce. I wish I could bathe in it.
This soba noodle salad travels well in a mason jar. You can also pack extra peanut sauce in a little container if you’d like it extra saucy. It’s a quick and easy salad to make and requires minimal ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen.
You will need:
Let’s talk about noodles! There are so many noodle types and sizes and the one you choose is completely up to you. I personally love soba noodles and they are indeed gluten-free for anyone with an intolerance. You can also use rice noodles, either vermicelli or thick-cut noodles. Either way, this noodle salad will be delicious!
Soba Noodle Salad
- 2 cups soba noodles, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded or shaved
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped small
Peanut Butter Sauce:
- 8 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/4-1/2 cup water (depending on how thick you like the sauce)
- Prep noodles: Cook soba noodles according to the package. Set aside. Pro tip: rinsing soba noodles before cooking helps them not stick afterwards.
- Prep vegetables: Shred carrots and red cabbage and chop broccoli.
- Make peanut sauce: Combine all peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, coconut sugar, lime juice and water in a bowl and whisk.
- Assemble: In a large bowl, combine vegetables and soba noodles. Toss to combine and dress with peanut sauce. Toss to incorporate peanut sauce and enjoy!