I’m taking my love for sweet potatoes to a whole new level!
Sweet potatoes are seriously ones of my favourite foods ever – I could eat them everyday. Packed with vitamin A and tons of other nutrients, they are a staple in my dietary lifestyle.
These tots are quite easy to make and so fun to eat too! You can dip them in hummus, a yogurt dip, hot pepper sauce, or do as I did and enjoy them with avocado crema (crema is Italian for cream).
You NEED to make these guys! They make a fun bite-sized appetizer or side dish for entertaining. These would also be perfect for a Super Bowl party.
Sweet Potato Tots (makes 24)
- 1 cup sweet potato, mashed
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt to taste, don’t skimp on salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond or oat flour
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- a small bunch of cilantro
- salt to taste
- Peel and boil sweet potato until fork tender.
- Add sweet potato, parsley, minced garlic, smoked paprika, salt and egg in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Scoop mixture into a bowl and add the almond or oat flour. Mix until combined.
- Form into tater tots and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350F degrees for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Avocado crema: Combine avocados, plain yogurt, lime juice, cilantro and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy sweet potato tots with avocado crema. Store in the fridge.