Are you ready for a party? But not just any party, a WAFFLE party (with a hidden veggie)!
In life, vegetables are one of your top BFFs! They provide you with a lot of the nutrients you need. So why not try to sneak them into a breakfast food? Something you’ll never expect.
It can be difficult to get picky eaters to eat more vegetables. My younger brother is a prime example of that. I snuck sweet potatoes into these waffles and let me tell you, they’re AMAZEBALLS! You can’t even tell that there’s potatoes in them so what they don’t know can’t hurt them right?
They’re SOFT, FLUFFY and FILLING, plus super easy to make because everything’ done in the blender!
Sweet Potato Waffles (makes 5)
- 2 cups sweet potato, boiled and mashed
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup oat flour (or almond flour to keep it grain-free)
- Blend mashed sweet potato, eggs, maple syrup and baking powder together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and fold in the oat flour.
- Cook waffles in a greased waffle maker for 5-6 minutes. Enjoy!
Want another waffle recipe? Check out my oatmeal chocolate chip waffles!
Thank you Blendtec for sponsoring this post! I feel so blessed to work with brands I love and that support me. All opinions are always my own.