Breakfast hash is one of my go-to breakfast dishes! It’a a one pot meal (well in this case, pan). Simply throw all the ingredients in the pan and let the stovetop work it’s magic. Don’t forget, everything is better with an egg on it *insert sassy girl emoji here*.
The Breakfast Hash (serves 1)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 leek, sliced
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- a handful of mushrooms, sliced (I’ve been loving portobellini lately)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- pink sea salt and pepper to taste
- grapeseed oil for cooking (or any oil you like. I enjoy using grapeseed due to its high smokepoint.)
- In an oiled skilled on medium heat, add in the garlic and leeks and sautey until golden.
- Next, add in the diced potatoes since they take the longest to cook. Move them around every so often until they are fork tender. The smaller you dice them, the quicker they’ll cook. (Alternatively, you can dice up a leftover baked or boiled potato. This will speed up the process).
- Add in the sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, smoked paprika and pink sea salt and pepper to taste. Continue to sautey the hash until the peppers are to your desired tenderness/crunchiness.
- Enjoy the hash with a poached egg (my favorite), fried egg, hard boiled egg, etc. The world is your oyster.
With a little chopping and attention to the stove, this breakfast hash will be ready in minutes. I hope you enjoy it!