It’s easy, it’s breezy, and it’s beautiful! No, I’m not talking about Covergirl. I’m talking about my turmeric and oat flour crust pizza! I love oats – you can do so much with them. I though it was time to give oat pizza a whirl.
This is not your typical pizza – it requires no proving. The batter is like a thick pancake batter that you spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet. I guess you could say that it’s basically a big savoury cookie that becomes a pizza crust. Since there is no proving here, this pizza will be ready to devour in 15 minutes, considering the prep time involved to get your toppings washed, cut and dry.
A delicious, healthy pizza is only 15 minutes away and I don’t mean by car delivery! The crust has great colour from the turmeric powder, which also adds many health benefits.
Turmeric Oat Flour Pizza Crust (serves 1 as a main, 2 as a side)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (If you don’t have oat flour don’t sweat it. It can be made by simply blending steel cut oats in a blender.)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I use cashew or almond milk)
- 1 egg
- Combine oat flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, turmeric, oregano and garlic powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the milk and egg until well combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the milk and egg mixture and mix to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the pizza mixture on top. You may spread it out as thick or thin as you’d like. Keep in mind that the thinner you spread the mixture, the thinner the crust will be, which will not support many toppings.
- Bake at 375F degrees for 10 minutes.
- Once the crust has baked, spread with tomato sauce and add your toppings and of course, cheese (or dairy-free cheese for vegans). Bake for another 5-7 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Enjoy!