The moon hit my eye like a big pizza pie because this zucchini-crust pizza is AMORE!
PIZZA is one of my favorite 5-letter words. Is there a more beautiful thing than pizza? I think not. I’m not going to lie, my favorite pizza is the traditional kind with real, simple ingredients: flour, water, yeast, salt and sometimes olive oil. However, sometimes you just want to satisfy your pizza cravings without all the kneading (a serious arm workout) and waiting for the dough to rise. Cue: zucchini-crust pizza! This zucchini-crust pizza is a breeze to make and only requires 3 ingredients, not counting the salt.
Zucchini is a hot item at the moment on the internet, since everyone seems to be eating raw zoodles (aka zucchini noodles). Personally, I’m not a fan of raw zucchini noodles since they don’t fill me up but in this pizza, zucchini is a total WINNER! For this reason, I much prefer cooked zucchini over raw. Plus, who doesn’t love pizza? A weirDOUGH obviously.
This zucchini-crust pizza is so quick and easy to make that you’ll want to make it multiple times during the week. Of course, classic marinara sauce and cheese is always a classic winning pizza but you could totally get creative and go wild on toppings. The zucchini-crust pizza is your canvas!
You will only need 3 simple ingredients for this recipe! Yes, it’s seriously that easy to make with few ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen. I personally looooove brown rice flour and especially love making my fluffy brown rice pancakes with it. I also used brown rice flour in my latest chocolate tiramisu pancakes and they are my OBSESSION! If you don’t have brown rice flour or are intolerant to it, feel free to substitute with regular all-purpose flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour.
You will need:
brown rice flour
Zucchini Crust Pizza (one 10 inch pizza or two smaller pizzas)
- 4 cups zucchini, grated
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour (substitutions: all-purpose flour or gluten-free all purpose flour. If Paleo, coconut flour)
- 1-2 tsp of salt
- Using a box grater, grate zucchini until you have 4 cups (about 4 large zucchini).
- Place grated zucchini in a strainer over a bowl and sprinkle with 1-2 tsp of salt. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Place zucchini in a kitchen towel or cheese cloth and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Discard liquid.
- Place squeezed zucchini in a bowl and add eggs. Mix until combined. Add brown rice flour and mix until a “dough” forms.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a baking pan or pizza pan with parchment paper. Press pizza “dough” into one 10 inch pizza or two smaller ones. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Top with your favorite toppings and place on broil for 2-4 minutes if melting cheese. Enjoy!