Fritters! Everybody loves them. If you don’t, this recipe will convince you otherwise! Fritters are great as an appetizer, snack, or even in a sandwich like a veggie burger. I had soooo many green zucchini in my fridge the other day, that I decided it was fritter o’clock. In order to make these fritters, gratting the zucchini is essential so that their liquid can be squeezed out and the fritters themselves can cook quickly. So cue the music: now watch me grate grate, watch me flip flip… (anyone else love to dance and create their own song renditions in the kitchen?)
These fritters can be made in 20 minutes or under. The only time comsuming part is the grating and squeezing of the zucchini. Here’s what you’ll need:
Zucchini Fritters (makes 12 fritters)
- 2 cups zucchini, grated (2 large zucchinis)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour (or all purpose flour)
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Grate zucchini into a bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tsp sea salt and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Place grated zucchini in a clean kitchen towel or cheese cloth and squeeze out excess water. Discard water.
- In a bowl, combine the grated zucchini, egg, and salt. Mix to combine. Add the brown rice flour and mix until the flour is incorporated.
- Lightly grease a pan with oil on medium heat.
- Form the fritters like patties and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden. Enjoy!